Two suspects charged, another wanted in Hamilton after 400 grams of cocaine found
Published October 14, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Police officers with the major drug unit in East Hamilton have two people in custody, and looking for another suspect, after finding a loaded gun and mass quantity of drugs yesterday.
Hamilton Police say that the was executed on Oct. 13. Officers’ search revealed a loaded handgun, 400 grams of cocaine, 10 grams of fentanyl, 150 oxycodone pills, 14 hydromorphone capsules indicative of drug trafficking and $5,000 cash.
April Blake, 53, and Jose Silva, 38, both of Hamilton, are facing the following criminal charges. The counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking are federal charges under the CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act):
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of hydromorphone for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of oxycodone for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a loaded restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5,000
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
Hamilton Police are also looking for 39-year-old Joelen Keogh in relation to this investigation.
Anyone with information that might support this criminal investigation is sked to contact Det. Adam Knickle (905-546-6330).
Information may be provided anonymously through Crime Stoppers of Hamilton (1-800-222-8477; crimestoppershamilton.com).