Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
Halton Police have arrested two suspects following a series of residential break and enters that occurred across the GTA.
An investigation was started after a residence on Goodram Drive in the City of Burlington was broken into.
Police say the investigation led investigators to an address in Mississauga while also linking numerous break and enters that had occurred across the GTA (from Brantford to York Region).
On March 25 2019, investigators were conducting surveillance on two suspects. The suspects, according to police, were seen committing a residential break and enter.
Both suspects were arrested shortly thereafter.
Following the arrests, investigators sought and executed three criminal code search warrants at a residence, a storage locker and a vehicle all located in Mississauga.
As a result, a large quantity of property was recovered that is believed to have been stolen from the identified break and enters.
Police say investigators are still processing the stolen property to identify the rightful owners.
Antoni Hal (59), of Mississauga, has been charged with five alleged counts of break and enter, possession of stolen property, possession of break and enter tools, uttering a forged document and fraud under.
Leokadia Minkiewicz (55), of Mississauga, has also been charged with five alleged counts of break and enter, possession of stolen property and possession of break and enter tools.
Both the accused were held pending a bail hearing.
According to police, the investigation is ongoing at this time and additional charges are expected to be laid.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Constable Pam Douglas of the 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at (905) 825-4747 ext. 2363 or the 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau general line at (905) 825-4747 ext. 2316.
- Another Suspect Charged Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Mississauga Teen Arrested Following Break-In and Hit and Run
- Five people arrested following multiple break and enters in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection with Multiple Break-Ins in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Mayor says “no evidence” to suggest Mississauga needs to be rolled back to Stage 2
- Ontario reports 401 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase since early June