Two Severe Weather Warnings Currently in Effect For Mississauga
If you've been outside today, you already know that we're enjoying—yes, enjoying!—another scorching hot long weekend in Mississauga.
Residents should also note, however, that severe thunderstorms are possible in Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada recently announced that both heat warnings and thunderstorm watches are in effect for Toronto and the GTA.
The weather agency says conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
"Thunderstorms are expected to develop this afternoon over portions of southern Ontario,"Environment Canada writes. "Some of these thunderstorms will have the potential to produce significant rainfall amounts as well as wind gusts to 90 km/h. Some hail is possible as well."
Additional thunderstorms may affect the area this evening and tonight as well.
Residents should remember that strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
Heavy downpours can also cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
If you're outside when a storm hits, find shelter as soon as possible.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Easter Weekend in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations