Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
There was a two-vehicle collision in Mississauga that has resulted in two people with serious injuries.
At around 9:23 a.m, two vehicles collided at the intersection of Hurontario Street and Matheson Boulevard.
According to the police, one vehicle flipped over trapping a woman inside the vehicle.
The Mississauga Fire Service has extricated the patient, she is currently being transported to the Toronto Trauma Centre via the Ornge Air Ambulance with life-threatening injuries.
An Ornge Air Ambulance is attending the scene to transport the patient to a trauma centre.
A man has also been taken to the local hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Hurontario Street and Matheson Boulevard have been blocked off. The police have closed off Hurontario Street southbound at Milverton. The traffic from Hurontario Street northbound is being diverted to Matheson Boulevard.
The police are advising all drivers to avoid the area.
The woman is currently in a stable condition.
Photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman celebrating huge $1 million lotto win
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures
- All lanes closed on a major highway due to police investigation
- Serious Collision In Mississauga Leads To Road Closure
- VIDEOS: Collision In Mississauga Results In Two People With Serious Injuries
- Female Trapped In Vehicle After Serious Collision In Mississauga
- Hurontario Street closed in Mississauga due to collision
- UPDATE: Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga