Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
There was a two-vehicle collision in Mississauga that has resulted in two people with serious injuries.
At around 9:23 a.m, two vehicles collided at the intersection of Hurontario Street and Matheson Boulevard.
According to the police, one vehicle flipped over trapping a woman inside the vehicle.
The Mississauga Fire Service has extricated the patient, she is currently being transported to the Toronto Trauma Centre via the Ornge Air Ambulance with life-threatening injuries.
An Ornge Air Ambulance is attending the scene to transport the patient to a trauma centre.
A man has also been taken to the local hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Hurontario Street and Matheson Boulevard have been blocked off. The police have closed off Hurontario Street southbound at Milverton. The traffic from Hurontario Street northbound is being diverted to Matheson Boulevard.
The police are advising all drivers to avoid the area.
The woman is currently in a stable condition.
Photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Hit With Massive Fine After Worker Dies From 30 Foot Fall
- Newly Opened Chinese Restaurant Giving Away Free Food Today in Mississauga
- Serious Collision In Mississauga Leads To Road Closure
- VIDEOS: Collision In Mississauga Results In Two People With Serious Injuries
- Female Trapped In Vehicle After Serious Collision In Mississauga
- UPDATE: Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga