Two Musical Christmas Events Coming to Mississauga Soon
Are you in the holiday spirit?
Need a little bit of festive music to get you fully in the mood for Santa?
If so, you might be happy to hear that the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra (MYSO) is celebrating the holiday season with two Christmas concerts.
On Saturday, Dec. 15, the MSO will hold a concert of highlights from Handel's masterwork oratorio, Messiah. The MSO says soloists and the voices of the Mississauga Festival Chamber Choir will join the orchestra in selections which include the uplifting and iconic Hallelujah Chorus.
"A musical rite of the holiday season, the Baroque-era oratorio still awes listeners 270 years after it was first performed," the MSO says.
Soloists include soprano Angela Yoo, soprano; mezzo-soprano Lillian Brooks, tenor Zachary Rioux and baritone Christopher Dunham.
The concert, which will take place at the Living Arts Centre, will begin at 8:00 p.m.
If you miss that show, there will be a second one.
On Sunday, Dec. 16, festiva attendees can sing along with a combined orchestra of over 200 MSO and MSYO musicians as they play holiday favourites with support from Resonance, Mississauga’s premier youth choir.
Audience members are encouraged to bring their bells to jingle along with each holiday tune. For those who do not have their own, bells will be available for purchase at the annual Christmas market in the atrium that will also feature holiday gifts created by the multi-talented musicians of the MSO.
Some other things to look forward to that day? The Long & McQuade instrument petting zoo, a favourite at every MSO Christmas concert, will return to allow aspiring musicians of all-ages to test their instrument of choice.
"A Merry Little Christmas proves to be extremely popular each year, with sell-outs recorded for the last five seasons. Make sure to purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment at the box office on concert day," the MSO says.
The concert, which will also take place at the Living Arts Centre, will begin at 3:00 p.m.
For more information on how to purchase tickets, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of Black Umbrella Photography
- Exciting Christmas events coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Guess What’s Coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga This December?
- The Season Finale of Mississauga’s Symphony Orchestra is Coming This Weekend
- Unique musical event coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Annual Holiday Market Coming Back to Mississauga Soon
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga