Two more major Starbucks locations close down in Mississauga
It’s a bad time to be a Starbucks lover in Mississauga.
Soon after we got word of a Starbucks location closing down at Square One, it appears two more in the city will also be closing their doors permanently: The Starbucks in Streetsville (242 Queen St S) and the Starbucks at Hurontario and Britannia (6020 Hurontario St).
While the closures may be sad, they don’t come as a surprise — earlier last year, the Seattle-based chain said it would be restructuring its company-operated business in Canada under a two-year plan.
The brand is planning to close up to 200 coffee shops across Canada as it responds to changes in consumer habits in the COVID-19 pandemic, which means we may see even more Starbucks locations permanently closing in the coming year.
- One of the most popular Starbucks locations in Mississauga closes down permanently
- Starbucks location permanently closing in Mississauga
- Starbucks plans to close up to 200 Canadian locations over two years
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March
- Iconic downtown Brampton Starbucks will close this weekend
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU
- Ontario pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine pilot to begin next week with Oxford-AstraZeneca