Two Mississauga Women Celebrating Big Lotto Win
Two lucky Mississauga women are a little bit richer following a big lotto win.
OLG recently congratulated Jozefa Paolone and Florence Kwas for winning a $63,234.20 prize in the April 20, 2019 Lotto 6/49 draw.
“We've been playing together for about six months,” Paolone told OLG.
OLG says Paolone, a 57-year-old married mother of one, was shocked to discover the big win when she checked their ticket at the store.
“I texted Florence right away,” she said. “She didn’t believe me!”
Paolone plans on using her part of the winnings to pay some bills and go on vacation.
“Winning feels like having butterflies in your stomach,” she said.
Since its launch in June 1982, Ontario Lotto 6/49 players have won over $12.6 billion in prizes, including 1,373 jackpot wins and 289 Guaranteed $1 Million Prize draws.
The winning ticket was purchased at Starsky Fine Foods on Dundas Street in Mississauga.
- Man Seriously Injured in Industrial Accident in Mississauga
- One-Bedroom Rentals Getting Even More Expensive in Mississauga
- Toronto Kabob Restaurant Opens New Location in Mississauga
- Provincial Government Plans to Move Ahead With Controversial Cuts in 2020
- Do We Still Need The Catholic School System in Mississauga and Ontario?