Two Mississauga Women Celebrating Big Lotto Win
Two lucky Mississauga women are a little bit richer following a big lotto win.
OLG recently congratulated Jozefa Paolone and Florence Kwas for winning a $63,234.20 prize in the April 20, 2019 Lotto 6/49 draw.
“We've been playing together for about six months,” Paolone told OLG.
OLG says Paolone, a 57-year-old married mother of one, was shocked to discover the big win when she checked their ticket at the store.
“I texted Florence right away,” she said. “She didn’t believe me!”
Paolone plans on using her part of the winnings to pay some bills and go on vacation.
“Winning feels like having butterflies in your stomach,” she said.
Since its launch in June 1982, Ontario Lotto 6/49 players have won over $12.6 billion in prizes, including 1,373 jackpot wins and 289 Guaranteed $1 Million Prize draws.
The winning ticket was purchased at Starsky Fine Foods on Dundas Street in Mississauga.
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic