Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
Two Mississauga residents have been charged in connection with a drug and gun investigation in Toronto.
Toronto police say that on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, officers were patrolling Moss Park when they allegedly saw a drug transaction involving two men. Police say the men were arrested and a quantity of fentanyl was seized, along with a loaded Smith & Wesson .40 calibre semi-automatic firearm. Police also allege that officers seized 25 grams of Fentanyl, 6.81 grams of cocaine ad $822 dollars during the investigation.
According to police, a tent in the park was being used to prepare and sell drugs.
Police say 20-year-old Mississauga man Matthew Stewart and 20-year-old Mississauga woman Rebecca Parades were charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm, three counts of possession, failing to comply with probation and more.
Both of the accused appeared in court on July 1, 2020.
Police also arrested and charged 18-year-old Toronto man Gabriel Nanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100.
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection With Drug and Firearm Offences
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- A loaded semi-automatic was seized from an 18-year-old in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Drug and Firearm Seizure
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Canada's Wonderland reopening for thrill-seekers on July 7
- Frustration mounts as Mississauga residents told second vaccine dose only available in Muskoka, Simcoe
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- More Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario residents now eligible for earlier second dose of vaccine