Two Mississauga Residents Enjoying Massive Lottery Wins
Two citizens from Mississauga are considerably richer after taking home huge lottery cash prizes.
In the case of Frank Suppa, he’s exactly $2,333,363.40 richer from winning the March 4th $7 million LOTTO 6/49 jackpot, which was split evenly three ways.
Suppa, who has played the lottery for more than 25 years, was in disbelief. "I walked into my favourite store and handed my tickets to the retailer who proceeded to scan them. Suddenly, I saw the words, 'Big Winner' appear on the screen. I thought I won a few thousand dollars. When OLG called the store and told me the amount I actually won, my knees began to buckle."
He immediately called his wife to break the news, then went straight home to celebrate.
Suppa plans to use the massive fortune to support his kids and grandkids. He’s also thinking of buying beachfront property in Florida and a new sports car.
His winning ticket was purchased at Rabba Fine Foods on Eglinton Avenue.
Meanwhile, Mississauga resident Kapil Sharma was similarly ecstatic to find out he’d won $100,000 from the ENCORE draw (February 22nd LOTTO 6/49).
"I am looking forward to being a home owner,” Sharma said at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto, where he picked up his winnings. “I also love my sports car and now I can pay it off.”
Sharma’s ticket was purchased at Lucky Lotto Centre on City Centre Drive.
Congratulations to both lucky winners!
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case