Two Mississauga Residents Charged in Connection with Million Dollar Drug Seizure
Two Mississauga residents are facing charges in connection with a massive drug bust.
Durham police recently announced that more than 80 charges were laid and $1.4 million in drugs was seized during an investigation, dubbed Project Yuma, involving multiple police services.
Police report that in May of 2017, the DRPS Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU), in partnership with Kingston Police, commenced a multi-jurisdictional drug trafficking investigation targeting a number of drug trafficking cells operating in the GTA and Kingston area.
Police allege these drug trafficking cells were involved in the sale and distribution of large quantities of powdered fentanyl, cocaine and crystal methamphetamine. Police say Project Yuma concluded this week with 19 people facing a total of 82 drug, proceeds and firearms-related charges.
Two Mississauga residents, 24-year-old Konstantine Merianos and 24-year-old Shaquille Brussee, are among those charged.
The estimated value of the drugs seized during the investigation is $1.4 million, which included more than eight kgs of cocaine, 1.5 kgs of crystal methamphetamine, 737 grams of powdered Fentanyl, 10 kgs of cannabis marihuana and 0.5 kg of MDMA.
More than $750,000 in cash, three motor vehicles, $150,000 in proceeds of crime property, an assault-style rifle and a loaded semi-automatic handgun were also seized.
This is the second consecutive year that DRPS has partnered with Kingston Police to target suspected drug trafficking groups in southern Ontario. Project Neebing in 2016 resulted in the arrest of 19 people and the seizure of $3 million worth of drugs, three handguns and more than $300,000 in cash.
Anyone with any other information is asked to contact the DEU at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5802.
- Canada's Getting a New Statutory Holiday
- Mississauga Woman Celebrating Following Big Lotto Win
- One of the Tallest Buildings in Canada is coming to Mississauga
- Canada's Wonderland is Getting a Massive Winter Festival
- Three-Bedroom Homes Are Officially Out of Reach For Huge Number of Mississauga Residents
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Mississauga Men Charged in Major Drug Trafficking Scheme
- Drugs and Guns Seized Following Major Drug Bust in the GTA
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection With Enormous Drug and Gun Distribution Rings
- Three Mississauga Residents Charged in Connection with Gun and Drug Seizure