Two Mississauga Residents Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Robberies
Two Mississauga residents are facing charges in connection with a series of violent robberies of marijuana dispensaries.
Toronto police report that between Friday, March 17 and Friday, April 7, four marijuana dispensaries in the Toronto area were held up by several assailants.
During the hold ups, several disguised males entered the facilities armed with handguns and took physical control of employees before making off with marijuana and cash.
It has also been alleged that on Wednesday, March 15, two of the accused and another unidentified male stole cash and lottery tickets from a Rexdale convenience store after tackling an employee to the ground.
On Thursday, April 13, a man, a woman, and four boys were arrested in connection with the robberies.
According to police, 20-year-old Mississauga man Nejahwan Grant and 24-year-old Mississauga woman Kayla Couto have been arrested.
Grant has been charged with robbery, using an imitation firearm, possession of stolen property and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence. Couto has been charged with possession of stolen property.
Police also arrested three Pickering teens and a 16-year-old boy from Toronto.
They accused appeared in court Friday, April 14.
Police say that some of the robberies were not reported to police and that some owners and victims were unwilling to cooperate with the investigation.
Investigators are still seeking outstanding parties involved in the hold-ups.
Victims of previous unreported robberies, or anyone with information, is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- Five arrested in connection to a series of robberies in Toronto, Mississauga, and Brampton
- Police Arrest Three People in Relation to String of Robberies in Mississauga
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville and Burlington Bank Robberies
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- Police looking for missing vulnerable female last seen in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28