Two Mississauga men charged following string of armed robberies
Three men, including two from Mississauga, are facing charges in connection with numerous armed robberies that took place over a period of months throughout the GTA.
Halton police say GTA police agencies analyzed the incidents and noted an increase in armed robberies beginning in October of 2019.
Police allege the robberies typically involved at least two armed suspects entering banks and retail locations and demanding cash. Police say the incidents became more violent over time.
On Feb. 11, 2020, police arrested 18-year-old Malcolm Omotosho, 21-year-old Mississauga man Tyriq Brooks, and 23-year-old Mississauga man Oliver Rose-Mighty in Mississauga.
Police say that at the time of the arrests, two loaded handguns were located and seized by police.
Halton police have taken carriage of the investigations and laid charges in relation to offences that occurred within Halton and outside jurisdictions.
Police say a total of 67 charges have been laid against the three suspects, including robbery with a firearm, disguise with intent and numerous firearm-related charges.
More charges are expected to be laid against all three suspects.
All accused parties were held for a bail hearing.
Halton police established its own Regional Robbery Task Force in January 2020 following the spike in robberies throughout Halton and the GTA.
The recent arrests were made in addition to an arrest made on Jan. 24 in following a bank robbery in Milton.
The investigation into bank robberies in Halton and the GTA is ongoing.
Police are asking residents to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity in the area of local banks or retail outlets.
If residents witness a crime in progress, they are asked to call 911.
Any tips or questions on this task force can be directed to Detective Sergeant Ellie Bale, Case Manager, Regional Robbery Task Force at 905-825-4747 ext. 2415.
- Six Arrested After Slew of Armed Robberies in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Faces 44 Charges for Numerous Robberies Across Ontario
- Police make several arrests in connection to string of robberies in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Four Males for Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Mississauga Teen Charged in GTA Bank Robbery Spree
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga