Two Mississauga men charged after string of LCBO thefts
Two Mississauga men are facing a list of charges in connection with a string of alcohol thefts.
In February, Peel Regional Police opened an investigation into a large number of alcohol thefts from several LCBOs in Mississauga. Police allege the suspects were selling the stolen bottles of alcohol to a local business. Police seized more than $115,000 worth of stolen alcohol and other property after serving several search warrants.
Janusz Hapunik, 56, has been charged with fraud, using a forged document, trafficking in stolen goods and more. Victor Karanikolov, 42, has been charged with theft, trafficking and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Bail hearings for both were held on Friday, May 7.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call investigators at the 11 and 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureaus at 905-453-2121, extension 1133/1233.
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- 20 Maxmillion lotto prizes of $1 million were won in Ontario, no jackpot winner