Two Mississauga men arrested in million dollar vehicle seizure
On Wednesday, March 18, members of Peel Police’s Commercial Auto Crime Bureau began investigating stolen and fraud-financed vehicles being exported from Peel Region.
During the investigation, multiple suspects were identified to be involved in exporting the vehicles obtained throughout Canada.
That same day, 24 year old Toronto man Ryan Asif Kanhai was arrested and charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime and Trafficking in Stolen Goods Over $5000.
On Thursday, April 9, officers executed search warrants at a residence in the area of Eglinton Avenue and Confederation Way and at a business in the area of Ambler Drive and Kamato Road in Mississauga.
“As a result of the search warrants, evidence was gathered in relation to vehicles being obtained for export and criminal purposes,” police say.
“Investigators seized 16 vehicles with a total value of approximately 1.2 million dollars.”
32 year old Mississauga man Mohanad El Khatib and 44 year old Mississauga man Mohammad Asif were arrested on Thursday.
El Khatib is charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Property Obtained By Crime (10 counts)
- Trafficking in Stolen Goods Over $5000 (8 counts)
- Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime
Asif is charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Trafficking in Stolen Goods
- Possession of Credit Card Data (2 counts)
The accused will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton at a later date.
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Five people arrested following multiple break and enters in Mississauga
- Mississauga men arrested in $1.35M auto fraud ring
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots