Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Theft
Two Mississauga men are facing charges following a bold theft.
Police report that the two suspects are facing charges after a tractor-trailer and stolen electronics were located, via GPS technology, in Pickering.
On Sunday, April 9, at approximately 8:30 a.m., officers were dispatched to Clements Road for a stolen tractor-trailer based on information from a GPS system in the truck. Officers located the truck and suspects in a commercial area.
The driver was arrested and the passenger fled on foot, but was arrested without incident after a short chase.
The tractor-trailer and electronics were stolen overnight in Brampton.
Police recovered $300,000 in stolen electronics inside the stolen trailer.
Now, 32-year-old Gurdeep Merwar and 35-year-old Rupinder Dhaliwal, both of Redstone Road in Mississauga, have been charged with theft of a trailer over $5000, two counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 and theft of motor vehicle over $5000.
Anyone with new information about this incident is asked to contact Cst. Browell at West Division at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2521.
- Mississauga man charged with firing gun after trailer reported stolen
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Delays Expected Following Tractor Trailer Incident in Mississauga
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19