Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees test positive for COVID-19
Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees have tested positive for COVID-19, Canada Post says.
In an email to insauga.com, Canada Post said it has informed employees at its Dixie Road facility that two employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
One employee is a driver and the other works in processing on the east side of the facility.
"We understand these situations can cause concern and have informed employees of the measures we have taken in conjunction with local health authorities," Canada Post said.
Canada Post says it's working closely with Peel Public Health and that the health agency has been in touch with employees deemed to have been in close contact with the affected workers.
The company says the two affected employees were non-symptomatic and had both been away from the facility in the last week.
Canada Post says a comprehensive cleaning and sanitation procedure was conducted on Sunday as a precautionary measure.
"We have reviewed our approach and cleaning measures with public health and, combined with our physical distancing measures throughout our operations, they deem the situation to be low-risk," Canada Post said.
"We will continue to follow the guidance of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and work closely with local public health authorities and our unions when it comes to implementing safety measures in all our facilities. "
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Canada Post worker at Mississauga facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Second employee at Canada Post's Streetsville office in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Two employees at Mississauga GoodLife Fitness location test positive for COVID-19
- Pair of employees at Mississauga McDonalds test positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row