Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees test positive for COVID-19
Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees have tested positive for COVID-19, Canada Post says.
In an email to insauga.com, Canada Post said it has informed employees at its Dixie Road facility that two employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
One employee is a driver and the other works in processing on the east side of the facility.
"We understand these situations can cause concern and have informed employees of the measures we have taken in conjunction with local health authorities," Canada Post said.
Canada Post says it's working closely with Peel Public Health and that the health agency has been in touch with employees deemed to have been in close contact with the affected workers.
The company says the two affected employees were non-symptomatic and had both been away from the facility in the last week.
Canada Post says a comprehensive cleaning and sanitation procedure was conducted on Sunday as a precautionary measure.
"We have reviewed our approach and cleaning measures with public health and, combined with our physical distancing measures throughout our operations, they deem the situation to be low-risk," Canada Post said.
"We will continue to follow the guidance of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and work closely with local public health authorities and our unions when it comes to implementing safety measures in all our facilities. "
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Canada Post worker at Mississauga facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Second employee at Canada Post's Streetsville office in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Employees at Mississauga superstore tests positive for COVID-19
- Two employees at Mississauga GoodLife Fitness location test positive for COVID-19
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- New bus corridor and three new stations coming to Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content