Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
Two areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 7 to 13.
Of the top 50 listed, two are in Mississauga (compared to four during the previous week):
L4T at 8.49% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
19th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (41st during previous week)
L5K at 8.08% (area of Erin Mills Pkwy and the QEW)
24th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (11th during previous week)
“For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of March 7 was 3.1% (versus 2.7% the previous week),” ICES reported. “The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.2%), compared to those not living in long-term care (3.1%).”
The same data indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel had the second highest COVID-19 percent positivity for the week.
The full data is available to read here.
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Four Mississauga neighbourhoods that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Boy dies after suffering medical episode while playing basketball in Milton
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Large Mississauga complex used by Bell sold in billion dollar deal
- You will now be rewarded for licencing your pet in Hamilton
- Mississauga man facing charges after 7-month-old puppy dragged beside car