Two men charged following "violent" carjacking in Mississauga
Two men are facing charges in connection with a number of alleged offences committed in Mississauga, including possession of stolen property, robbery, assault with a weapon, and dangerous driving.
Peel police say that around 7:15 am on Jan. 15, 2021, patrol officers investigated a reportedly stolen vehicle in the Dundas Street East and Coram Crescent area. Police allege the vehicle fled from officers and was eventually located unoccupied shortly after. Police say that both suspects fled on foot and were located in the Cawthra Road and Eastgate Parkway area before allegedly “violently forcing civilians out of their vehicle.”
Police say the suspects attempted to flee, striking an officer and causing minor injuries. Police allege that officers were able to arrest one of the suspects, while the other managed to escape in the stolen vehicle, striking police and civilian vehicles in the process.
Police charged Christopher Noel, a 35-year-old man, with multiple offences, including possession of property obtained by crime, fleeing from police, robbery, assault and more.
On Jan. 27, 2021, investigators located the second suspect and arrested him without incident. Police say 35-year-old Mississauga man Patrick Horgan is facing a number of charges, including robbery, fleeing from police, dangerous operation of a vehicle, breach of probation and more.
Both of the accused were held for bail hearings and appeared in court.
Anyone with information or potential dash camera footage pertaining to the incident is asked to contact the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 1233.
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Mississauga man charged after allegedly fleeing from police and driving on the wrong side of the highway
- Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk