Two Hamilton residents celebrate some lucky lotto windfalls
Two Hamiltonians are celebrating some recent big lotto wins.
A man and a woman, both from the Hamilton area, got pretty lucky recently on two different lotto games.
Hamilton resident Madeline Kelly-Roach is $100,000 richer after winning with Instant Merry Money Multiplier, while Stoney Creek resident Thomas Howard won more than $70,000 in the Poker Lotto.
Kelly-Roach, 22, said she enjoys playing the lottery and when she realized she won she ran out to tell her mother and grandmother right away.
"They were so happy for me!" she said in an OLG press release.
She said she plans to use her winnings to pay off her education and to use toward a house for her and her family.
The winning ticket was purchased at Big Bee Convenience & Food Mart on Upper Wellington Street in Hamilton.
Howard won the Poker Lotto All In jackpot worth $68,503.70 on December 3, 2020 and also won $5,000 on the instant portion of his Poker Lotto play, as well as $5 for matching two of five cards on another play bringing his total winnings to $73,508.70.
“I play Poker Lotto regularly,” Howard said. “I will occasionally play Lotto Max if the jackpot is high.”
Howard, an automotive industry worker, stopped at the store to check his ticket.
“I was so happy when I saw I won," he said. "I went home right away to tell my girlfriend.”
The 54-year-old said he plans to invest his winnings.
The winning ticket was purchased at Big Bee Convenience on Queenston Road in Stoney Creek.
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot