Two Georgetown deaths now deemed suspicious, according to Halton police
As a result of ongoing post-mortem examinations at the Centre of Forensic Sciences, the deaths of two individuals that were located at the scene of a residential house fire in Georgetown, are now deemed suspicious, according to police.
Police say homicide detectives have assumed the investigation into the circumstances surrounding this tragedy.
According to police, the identities of the victims (one male and one female) have not yet been confirmed, but they are believed to be the occupants of the residence.
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) is appealing to anyone who may have information about this incident.
Additionally, HRPS is appealing to anyone who may have dashcam footage or home surveillance footage of the area of Hidden Lake Trail in Georgetown between the hours of 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 16 and 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, to contact the Halton Regional Police Service Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776 if you have not already spoken with police.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Two deceased located in Georgetown house fire
- Mississauga man arrested following double homicide investigation in Georgetown
- Homicide detectives take over probe of fatal house fire in Halton Hills
- Police identify victims of double homicide shooting
- Halton police investigating series of pharmacy robberies
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school
- Two Brampton residents killed in highway crash near Cornwall
- If COVID vaccines ‘essential,’ Canadians could get shots in U.S. and no quarantine
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021
- Grocery store employees in Mississauga and Brampton test positive for COVID-19