Two face attempted murder charge for Brampton summer shooting
Two men have been charged with attempted murder in an attack that took place in Brampton last summer.
Peel Regional Police say the arrests stem from an attack on a 19-year-old Brampton man on August 22 on Hale Rd. near Glidden Rd.
They say three men were involved in an altercation at the home which resulted in the victim being shot.
During the course of this investigation, several search warrants were conducted by police at residences in Mississauga and Brampton, resulting in the arrest of two men.
Neil Wilson, 31, from Brampton, is charged with attempted murder using a firearm, aggravated assault and six other firearm related offences.
Winward Saunders, 33, from Toronto, is charged with attempted murder using a firearm, aggravated assault and 26 other firearm related offences including violating a firearm prohibition order stemming from a conviction last month for a previous firearm related offence.
They were both held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on January 23.
(One of the weapons seized by Peel Police during investigation into last summer’s shooting)
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Toronto teen charged with attempted murder in Mississauga shooting
- Brampton teen charged with attempted murder in Northern Ontario
- Mississauga man and Brampton man facing firearm charges following assault in Brampton
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl located in good health
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga