Two dead and six injured in head-on collision in Mississauga
Police say that two people have died and six others have been injured—four seriously—in an early morning crash on the Brampton and Mississauga border.
Peel police say that two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision around 7:00 am on McLaughlin Rd. S., just south of Hwy 407 in Mississauga.
Northbound and southbound McLaughlin were shut down in the area as a result of the crash.
Const. Bancroft Wright says that when first responders arrived on the scene, CPR was administered to several victims of the crash but two people succumbed to their injuries.
Police say that one vehicle had five occupants, one of which has died. Two passengers were taken to a trauma centre and two others were transported to a local hospital.
The second vehicle had three occupants, one of which has died. The two other passengers have been taken to a trauma centre.
Police say there is no information on the ages of the people involved in the collision at this time.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
Police say the road will remain closed for "quite some time" as an investigation of the crash is conducted.
With files from The Canadian Press
- Two people dead, as a result of collision on McLaughlin Rd at Mississauga and Brampton border
- UPDATE: Multiple people dead in major collision in Milton
- Police searching for people who fled vehicle after crash in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects in Brampton fail to remain collision
- Police seeking information regarding fatal collision in Mississauga
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children