Two Dead and One Child Injured After Stabbing Incident in Peel
Two people have been pronounced dead following an alleged stabbing that occurred in Brampton. The province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is currently investigating this incident.
According to the SIU, at approximately 11:20 p.m. yesterday (May 1, 2019) Peel Police attended a residence on Quarry Edge Drive in relation to a domestic incident.
The SIU says that police officers breached the door of the residence. They then entered the bathroom where they located a man with stab wounds.
The man was apprehended.
Paramedics attended to the victim, however, he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight.
According to the SIU, a woman was also located inside the home with serious injuries. The woman, says the SIU, was transported to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The SIU says a child from the home was also transported to the hospital due to injuries.
Currently, three investigators and three forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: According to police, the child is in stable condition.
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.
- COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19