Two Dead and One Child Injured After Stabbing Incident in Peel
Two people have been pronounced dead following an alleged stabbing that occurred in Brampton. The province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is currently investigating this incident.
According to the SIU, at approximately 11:20 p.m. yesterday (May 1, 2019) Peel Police attended a residence on Quarry Edge Drive in relation to a domestic incident.
The SIU says that police officers breached the door of the residence. They then entered the bathroom where they located a man with stab wounds.
The man was apprehended.
Paramedics attended to the victim, however, he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight.
According to the SIU, a woman was also located inside the home with serious injuries. The woman, says the SIU, was transported to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The SIU says a child from the home was also transported to the hospital due to injuries.
Currently, three investigators and three forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: According to police, the child is in stable condition.
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Face-coverings now required in common areas of condos and apartment buildings in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Police hoping to identify man who reversed into a woman in Mississauga
- Rental prices down 10 per cent in Mississauga