Two charged in Mississauga restaurant mass shooting, third suspect at large: police
Two men have been charged with first-degree murder in relation to a mass shooting that took place at a Mississauga eatery last month, and a Canada-wide warrant has been issued for a third suspect.
Peel Regional Police have arrested two men in connection with the attack that left one person dead and injured four others inside a restaurant at The Collegeway and Glen Erin Drive on May 29. Naim Akl, age 25, of Oakville, was pronounced dead the scene. The other four victims were the 56-year-old owner of the restaurant, who is Akl’s father, along with the restaurant owner’s 44-year-old wife, his 22-year-old son and a 58-year-old man who worked there. The owner’s 13-year-old daughter was also inside the restaurant, but was not physically injured.
Anand Nath, age 20, of Mississauga, has been identified as the third suspect. Nath (shown above in police handout photo) is described as having a thin build, medium complexion and a shaved head.
He is wanted for arrest on charges of first-degree murder and five counts of attempted murder using a firearm. The PRP’s Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau says it believes that Nath is in Montreal.
Naqash Abbasi, 31, of Brampton, was arrested on Tuesday. Suliman Raza, 25, of Mississauga, was arrested on Wednesday. Both men have been charged with first-degree murder and five counts of attempted murder using a firearm.
They made an appearance in a Brampton court on Wednesday.
Anyone with any information, dashcam, or video footage is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Person Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
(Photo courtesy Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau.
- Police arrest third suspect wanted in connection with mass restaurant shooting in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Mississauga Murder Suspect Arrested
- Police arrest single suspect in connection to murder in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- 20 Maxmillion lotto prizes of $1 million were won in Ontario, no jackpot winner
- Here are where all 50 of its photo radar locations are in Brampton
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location