Two businesses closed in Brampton this week due to COVID-19
Peel Public Health has begun naming workplaces and businesses in Mississauga and Brampton that have been ordered to close due to COVID-19.
Public Health recently issued an updated Section 22 Order that will direct all businesses with five or more cases of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days to close for 10 days.
Businesses will have to close if it’s determined that the cases were acquired at work or if no obvious source of infection has been identified outside of the workplace.
The following businesses/workplaces in Brampton were closed this past week:
- Popeyes, 10635 Bramalea Road - Full closure - Closed on May 26
- Olymel, 14 Westwyn Court - Partial closure - Closed on May 28
A full closure applies to an entire workplace premises, while a partial closure may apply to a mass dismissal of a shift or work area.
We’ll continue to update with individual closures throughout the week.
- Four businesses forced to close in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: May 16 to 22
- Nine businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: May 8 to 14
- 12 businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: May 1 to 7
- 14 businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: April 24 to 30
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health orders closures of Amazon facilities in Brampton and Caledon
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Police responding to males trying to jump from bridge into Credit River in Mississauga