Two Brampton residents killed in highway crash near Cornwall
Two people from Brampton have died in a crash on Highway 401 near Cornwall in Eastern Ontario.
A third person, also from Brampton, is in hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Ontario Provincial Police say an SUV carrying the three was travelling westbound on the highway just before 4:30 p.m. on Thursday (May 13) when it left the road and struck a culvert. The vehicle then burst into flames, according to reports.
The names of those involved have not been released but a 64-year-old man and 55-year-old woman from Brampton are believed to be the people who were killed. A 46-year-old Brampton man is the person hospitalized.
Police are continuing their investigation into the cause of the crash.
- Brampton resident among three killed in fiery crash on Highway 401
- Brampton trucker identified as man killed in Eastern Ontario collision
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- All lanes closed on Highway 410 due to three-vehicle crash in Brampton
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location