Two Brampton men face weapons, drugs charges following routine traffic stop
Published October 26, 2021 at 8:51 am
Two Brampton men are facing a number of drugs and weapons charges following a recent routine traffic stop.
Peel Regional Police said in a press release issued Tuesday (Oct. 26), officers pulled over a car in the area of Moutainash Road and Good Hope Road in Brampton.
During the investigation, police said, cannabis, Oxycodone and a loaded Glock 9mm semi-automatic handgun were found in the car.
As a result, Robin Panrong Wu, a 20-year-old man from Brampton, and Eric Morgan, a 21-year-old from Brampton have been charged with the following offences:
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle with Knowledge of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited Device
- Possession of a Firearm with Altered Serial Number
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm Without a Licence
- Possession for Purpose of Distributing
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
Wu and Morgan appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton over the weekend to answer to the charges.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact investigators at 905-453-2121 extension 2133. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies