Two Brampton men charged with possession of drugs, loaded gun
Published January 8, 2023 at 9:56 am
Two residents are facing drug and firearm charges following a recent traffic stop in Brampton.
Around 8:15 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 6, officers stopped a vehicle due to a Highway Traffic offence in the area of Kennedy Road and Church Street.
During the investigation, Peel Regional Police located and seized a loaded Glock 27 40-calibre handgun with 10 rounds of ammunition, as well as a quantity of cocaine.
Javier Moreno and Mario Giani Aleman, both 24-year-old men from Brampton, were arrested.
They’re charged with:
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of unauthorized firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Possession of firearm, contrary to order
- Possession for the purpose – Schedule I Cocaine
Aleman is also charged with driving a vehicle with cannabis readily available.
Police say Moreno has been convicted of possessing a loaded firearm in the past.
Both men were held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Photo courtesy of Peel policeinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising