Two Arrests Made in House Party Stabbing in Mississauga
Police have made two arrests in their investigation into a homicide at a house party in Mississauga.
The incident took place at approximately 1:15 a.m. on Saturday, May 26. Officers responded to reports of a stabbing at a residence in the area of Tradewind Drive and Winston Churchill Boulevard.
Upon arrival, officers located the victim with obvious signs of trauma. He was rushed to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The victim was identified as Daniel Smith, a 19 year old male from Mississauga.
On Thursday, June 21, police arrested and charged a 16 year old Mississauga teen with Second Degree Murder and Assault Causing Bodily Harm. The suspect's name is withheld under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Police also arrested Noor Mohamed, 18, also from Mississauga. He is charged with Accessory After Fact to Murder.
This is the 10th homicide of the year in Peel, police say.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with further information may contact investigators at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Teen Arrested Following Stabbing Death in Mississauga
- Teen Dead After Stabbing at House Party in Mississauga
- Victim Identified in House Party Stabbing in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old