Two arrests and more than 50 charges laid in relation to pharmacy robberies: Hamilton Police
Hamilton Police reported Thursday (Mar. 4) they made two arrests in relation to a recent string of armed pharmacy robberies.
On Dec. 29, 2020, and Jan. 3, 2021, a lone suspect robbed two east-end pharmacies at gunpoint.
“In the second robbery, the pharmacist prevented the suspect from obtaining narcotics in the store,” said police.
On Jan. 6, two male suspects, armed with handguns attended a pharmacy in Grimsby and took a large quantity of narcotics.
The spree continued on Jan. 8, at a pharmacy in Binbrook; on Jan. 18, at a pharmacy in Dundas; and on Jan. 19 at a pharmacy on the Hamilton west mountain.
“In each instance, the two suspects were armed with handguns and made threats to employees,” said police. “They were able to obtain a large quantity of narcotics.”
In early February, Hamilton Police executed search warrants at four separate residences in the City of Hamilton and recovered stolen narcotics, evidence of the robberies, and “other evidence indicative of drug trafficking.”
Police have arrested and charged Scott Royal-Thomas Anderson, 34, of Hamilton for:
- Robbery with a firearm x 8
- Robbery with intent to steal x 1
- Point firearm x 1
- Disguise with intent x 6
- Possession Contrary to Order x 6
Also arrested and charged is Dylan Wayne MacDonald, 25, of Hamilton for:
- Robbery with a firearm x7
- Disguise with intent x4
- Fail to comply probation x8
- Possession contrary to order x4
- Possession of stolen property
- Proceeds of Crime under $5000
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x7 (Oxycodone, Hydromophone, Morphine, Benzodiazepines, Amphetamines, Codeine, Cocaine)
- Four Mississauga teens charged in connection with armed robbery at Brampton pharmacy
- Halton police investigating series of pharmacy robberies
- Brief foot pursuit leads to arrest of Mississauga man after a pair of pharmacy robberies
- Three teens charged following pharmacy robbery in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga men charged following string of armed robberies
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga