Two neighbourhoods in Hamilton have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
Two areas in Hamilton are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal codes in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 21 to 27.
Of the top 50 listed, two are in Hamilton:
L8R at 6.53% (area of York Blvd from Wellington St N to McQuesten High Level Bridge)
36th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
- Former CFL lineman and analyst Chris Schultz dies at age 61
- Here's where Hamilton restaurants can now shop and get delivery
- Hamilton housing prices soar, fuelled by high demand and a low supply
L8S at 5.88% (area of Hwy 403 from Lincoln M. Alexander Pkwy to McQuesten High Level Bridge)
48th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
For the week of February 21 to 27, Hamilton had the 8th highest COVID-19 percent positivity (2.61%) out of Ontario's 34 public health units. Ontario overall was listed ninth, at 2.49%.
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 21 was 2.5% (versus 2.7% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.5%)."
The full data is available to read here.
- This neighbourhood in Hamilton among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Hamilton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious