Truck Driver Robbed and Abandoned in a Trailer in Mississauga
Halton police are appealing to the public for help in locating three suspects who trapped an Oakville truck driver in the back of a trailer before abandoning him in Mississauga.
Halton police report that on Tuesday, Jan. 10 at approximately 5:30 p.m., a man who works for a business on Cornwall Road in Oakville was preparing to transport automotive products to the Ford plant when he noticed an older model Kia Sedona minivan rapidly approaching his vehicle.
When the van stopped, one suspect exited and advanced on the driver from behind. The suspect demanded that the victim enter the rear of the trailer and threatened him with a firearm that was not shown.
The victim complied and the suspect drove the vehicle out of the parking lot.
As the truck and trailer travelled northbound on Winston Churchill Blvd., the driver, who been locked in the trailer, noticed a slight gap in between the doors and tried to signal that he needed help by sliding his hand through and waving it.
Unfortunately, police report that the truck was being followed by the same Kia minivan and the victim's attempt at seeking help prompted one of the suspects to run to the trailer door and close it completely.
After the vehicle was driven for about an hour, the truck stopped and parked at 2560 South Sheridan Way in Mississauga. The driver was ordered out of the trailer and into another trailer. Once in the other trailer, he was ordered to lay on his stomach and his hands and legs were secured before the doors were closed.
The suspects were then overheard saying that the load contained within the first trailer was of no use to them and they subsequently fled the scene, leaving the truck/trailers and the victim behind.
According to police, the driver was inside the second trailer for approximately 90 minutes before he freed himself. Once he was free of the restraints, he began yelling and striking the doors until a passerby heard his calls for help and released him.
The suspects are described as three black males. One was clean shaven and all three wore bandanas that concealed their faces. All men were described as being of average height and build.
The suspect vehicle is described as a red 2005 Kia Sedona Van.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Halton Regional Police Service - Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext 2216, or Contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- An Unexpected Shop is Opening Soon in Square One in Mississauga
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- Top 5 Greek Restaurants in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Murder Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested After Possible Cocaine Discovered in Trailer
- Delays Expected Following Tractor Trailer Incident in Mississauga
- Tractor Trailer Flipped Over in Mississauga
- Tractor Trailer Collision Causing Closures at Mississauga Intersection
- UPDATED: Victim Struck by Tractor-Trailer in Industrial Area of Mississauga