Trillium Health Partners temporarily instating no-visitor policy
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Trillium Health Partners (THP) has announced a drastic change to its visiting policy.
Effective tonight (Friday, March 20), visitors will no longer be permitted at any of THP’s sites (Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, Queensway Health Centre) until further notice.
However, limited exceptions will be granted for visitors supporting patients who are at end of life, critically ill, paediatric patients, or women in the birthing suites.
“This decision was made in alignment with the province and other hospitals out of necessity to slow the spread of the virus and adhere to best social distancing practices,” THP said in a recent statement.
“We remain fully committed to protecting patients, staff and the community we serve. We thank patients and families for their patience and understanding.”
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga residents make some noise for healthcare workers
- House of the Week: $5.5 Mil home with spectacular resort-style yard
- Trillium Health Partners announces visiting changes in response to COVID-19
- THP preparing for an increase of COVID-19 patients
- Mississauga's Trillium Health Partners About to Create New Jobs and Make Life Easier for Patients
- Trillium Health Partners rescheduling non-essential surgeries to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga