Travel and Tuition in Store for Mississauga's Latest Lottery Winner
A Mississauga man says he zoned out while checking his lottery tickets and didn’t realize what was happening until the store owner began screaming “you won, you won.”
Kameel (Kam) Khan scored $115,690.30 from the August 23 Lotto 6/49 draw.
"I noticed right away that there was some kind of message on the screen, but I had my sunglasses on and pulled the ticket away and scanned my other two," said Khan while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
After re-scanning the first ticket and double-checking with the store clerk, he realized the dollar amount on the screen wasn't an error code, but his prize winnings.
Khan says he’s planning to visit his daughter, who may be moving overseas, and pay for outstanding university tuition.
"All my children will be taken care of as they figure out what they want to be and where they want to study,” he said.
“Winning the lottery is absolute joy."
The lucky ticket was purchased at United Food Mart on Credit Valley Rd.
Photos courtesy of OLG
- Woman Who Worked in Mississauga Identified as Burlington Murder Victim
- VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: Massive Fire Causes Chaos in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Businesses Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Mississauga Family Seeking Help After Grandmother Suffers a Stroke While on Vacation
- Biggest Japanese Food Festival Happening This Weekend in Mississauga