Travel and Tuition in Store for Mississauga's Latest Lottery Winner
A Mississauga man says he zoned out while checking his lottery tickets and didn’t realize what was happening until the store owner began screaming “you won, you won.”
Kameel (Kam) Khan scored $115,690.30 from the August 23 Lotto 6/49 draw.
"I noticed right away that there was some kind of message on the screen, but I had my sunglasses on and pulled the ticket away and scanned my other two," said Khan while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
After re-scanning the first ticket and double-checking with the store clerk, he realized the dollar amount on the screen wasn't an error code, but his prize winnings.
Khan says he’s planning to visit his daughter, who may be moving overseas, and pay for outstanding university tuition.
"All my children will be taken care of as they figure out what they want to be and where they want to study,” he said.
“Winning the lottery is absolute joy."
The lucky ticket was purchased at United Food Mart on Credit Valley Rd.
Photos courtesy of OLG
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Massive Lottery Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Massive Winning Lottery Ticket Recently Sold in Mississauga
- $1 Million Lottery Ticket Was Sold in Mississauga
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton