Travel advisory in effect due to poor driving conditions in Mississauga
A travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada, which is urging residents to be prepared for winter weather driving conditions.
The 7-14 cm of snow expected for today (and quickly accumulating snow rates at times) are causing slippery road conditions and low visibility at times.
The advisory is in effect now through tonight at midnight.
“Snow is beginning to spread across the region this morning and will continue to fall through this evening. Snowfall accumulation will generally increase the further one is from Lake Ontario,” Environment Canada reports.
“Areas near Lake Ontario may switch over to ice pellets and/or rainfall late this afternoon or evening, creating sloppy conditions.”
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- Mississauga and Brampton still reporting 5 areas with high COVID-19 positivity
- Vaccine deliveries enough to fully vaccinate all Mississauga and Brampton residents by end of July