Travel advisory in effect due to poor driving conditions in Mississauga
A travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada, which is urging residents to be prepared for winter weather driving conditions.
The 7-14 cm of snow expected for today (and quickly accumulating snow rates at times) are causing slippery road conditions and low visibility at times.
The advisory is in effect now through tonight at midnight.
“Snow is beginning to spread across the region this morning and will continue to fall through this evening. Snowfall accumulation will generally increase the further one is from Lake Ontario,” Environment Canada reports.
“Areas near Lake Ontario may switch over to ice pellets and/or rainfall late this afternoon or evening, creating sloppy conditions.”
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.