Travel advisory in effect due to poor driving conditions in Mississauga
A travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada, which is urging residents to be prepared for winter weather driving conditions.
The 7-14 cm of snow expected for today (and quickly accumulating snow rates at times) are causing slippery road conditions and low visibility at times.
The advisory is in effect now through tonight at midnight.
“Snow is beginning to spread across the region this morning and will continue to fall through this evening. Snowfall accumulation will generally increase the further one is from Lake Ontario,” Environment Canada reports.
“Areas near Lake Ontario may switch over to ice pellets and/or rainfall late this afternoon or evening, creating sloppy conditions.”
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton