Traffic stop leads to drug and gun charge for Mississauga pair
Two people from Mississauga are facing drug and gun charges.
Peel police say they pulled over a vehicle at around 10:30 p.m. Monday in the area of Britannia and Kennedy Rd in Mississauga. After searching the vehicle, officers say they found illegal drugs and a firearm.
The 28 year-old man and 26 year-old woman have been charged with the following:
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Tampering with Serial Number of a Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
The accused attended a bail hearing in Brampton on Tuesday.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
- Car Crash Leads to Gun-Related Charges in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns