Traffic stop leads to drug and gun charge for Mississauga pair
Two people from Mississauga are facing drug and gun charges.
Peel police say they pulled over a vehicle at around 10:30 p.m. Monday in the area of Britannia and Kennedy Rd in Mississauga. After searching the vehicle, officers say they found illegal drugs and a firearm.
The 28 year-old man and 26 year-old woman have been charged with the following:
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Tampering with Serial Number of a Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
The accused attended a bail hearing in Brampton on Tuesday.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health reports region's first COVID-19 related death
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
- Car Crash Leads to Gun-Related Charges in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns