Traffic hazard reported involving turkey on road in Mississauga
A unique traffic hazard is being reported in Mississauga this afternoon.
Police say a call came in at 3:47 p.m. for a turkey on the road in the area of Erin Mills Parkway and Highway 403.
“It appears there may be more than one on the loose. Proceed with caution,” said police.
Animal Services is currently on scene dealing with the issue.
Residents should drive with caution or avoid the area until further notice.
UPDATE: Police say officers attended the area but were unable to locate any turkeys. The roadway is clear.
- Emergency Services On Scene for Traffic Hazard in Mississauga
- Traffic Hazard Reported on QEW in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area of Residential Fire in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Investigation Prompts High Police Presence in Residential Area
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area Due to Fire in Mississauga
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday