Traffic hazard reported involving turkey on road in Mississauga
A unique traffic hazard is being reported in Mississauga this afternoon.
Police say a call came in at 3:47 p.m. for a turkey on the road in the area of Erin Mills Parkway and Highway 403.
“It appears there may be more than one on the loose. Proceed with caution,” said police.
Animal Services is currently on scene dealing with the issue.
Residents should drive with caution or avoid the area until further notice.
UPDATE: Police say officers attended the area but were unable to locate any turkeys. The roadway is clear.
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga