Traffic hazard reported involving turkey on road in Mississauga
A unique traffic hazard is being reported in Mississauga this afternoon.
Police say a call came in at 3:47 p.m. for a turkey on the road in the area of Erin Mills Parkway and Highway 403.
“It appears there may be more than one on the loose. Proceed with caution,” said police.
Animal Services is currently on scene dealing with the issue.
Residents should drive with caution or avoid the area until further notice.
UPDATE: Police say officers attended the area but were unable to locate any turkeys. The roadway is clear.
- Emergency Services On Scene for Traffic Hazard in Mississauga
- Traffic Hazard Reported on QEW in Mississauga
- Angry turkey blocking traffic in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area of Residential Fire in Mississauga
- Pedestrian struck in Mississauga, several roads in area closed to traffic: Peel Police
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Milton driver high on alcohol and drugs get five years in jail for killing Mississauga man