Traffic hazard reported involving turkey on road in Mississauga
A unique traffic hazard is being reported in Mississauga this afternoon.
Police say a call came in at 3:47 p.m. for a turkey on the road in the area of Erin Mills Parkway and Highway 403.
“It appears there may be more than one on the loose. Proceed with caution,” said police.
Animal Services is currently on scene dealing with the issue.
Residents should drive with caution or avoid the area until further notice.
UPDATE: Police say officers attended the area but were unable to locate any turkeys. The roadway is clear.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Mississauga man believed to be 1st Canadian with COVID-destroyed lungs gets transplant
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga