Tornado watch in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a tornado watch for Mississauga.
According to a statement from Environment Canada, weather conditions in Mississauga are favourable for severe thunderstorms, which could produce brief tornadoes.
"Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches," the statement reads.
When tornado warnings are issued, Environment Canada strongly urges residents to take the following actions: "Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet. Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelters, and move to a strong building if you can. As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris."
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban