Tornado watch in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a tornado watch for Mississauga.
According to a statement from Environment Canada, weather conditions in Mississauga are favourable for severe thunderstorms, which could produce brief tornadoes.
"Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches," the statement reads.
When tornado warnings are issued, Environment Canada strongly urges residents to take the following actions: "Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet. Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelters, and move to a strong building if you can. As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris."
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Power outage in northwest Brampton affecting more than 2,500 homes, businesses
- Will Mississauga and Brampton be fully open next week?
- Big lotto winner from Mississauga thought the $500k win was a joke
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket