Tornado watch in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a tornado watch for Mississauga.
According to a statement from Environment Canada, weather conditions in Mississauga are favourable for severe thunderstorms, which could produce brief tornadoes.
"Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches," the statement reads.
When tornado warnings are issued, Environment Canada strongly urges residents to take the following actions: "Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet. Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelters, and move to a strong building if you can. As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris."
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga