Tornado Warning in Effect in Southern Ontario Including Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a tornado warning for several areas in southern Ontario, including Mississauga.
Meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that may possibly produce a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible.
EC offers several safety tips for such a potentially dangerous situation. Take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. If you hear a roaring sound or see a funnel cloud, swirling debris near the ground, flying debris, or any threatening weather approaching, take shelter immediately.
Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet. Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelter, and move to a strong building if you can. As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris.
All tornado warnings have DROPPED in southern Ontario. #onstorm— The Weather Network (@weathernetwork) August 13, 2016
All southern Ontario tornado warnings have ended.— CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts) August 13, 2016
- BREAKING: Mississauga Makes Final Decision on Whether or Not to Allow Cannabis Retail Stores
- Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man a Millionaire Following Huge Lotto Win
- L.A.-Based Store Opens First Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy