Top 5 Winter Fun Activities in Mississauga
Mississauga is a winter playground full of fun and exciting things to do and see. Experience the season to the fullest and explore all that the city offers - even if Jack Frost is nippin' at your nose. Dress for the weather and get ready to have some fun!
1. Lacing up Your Skates
This winter season, sharpen your skates, remove your skate guards and enjoy a few laps around one of the city's many skating rinks. Whether you're looking to warm up on an indoor rink or leisurely skate under stars outdoors, you're sure to find a rink that meets your needs. Visit: mississauga.ca/portal/residents/Arenas.
2. Exploring City Parks and Trails
Mississauga has over 480 parks, which means that you can explore one park every day of the year and still have more to see! The city has an impressive 300km of trails (which is equivalent to driving from Mississauga to Niagara Falls and back). Strap on your hiking shoes, fill a backpack with your favourite snacks and explore some of the prettiest parks and forests in the GTA. Visit: mississauga.ca/parks.
3. Cheering for Your Local Favourites
Mississauga has a number of amazing local sport teams, so grab a few friends and head over to the Mississauga Hershey Centre to cheer them on. Grab some pom pom's, drinks and snacks and get ready to cheer your heart out as you take in a Mississauga Steelheads hockey game or watch the Raptor's 905 sink some hoops at a basketball game. Visit: hersheycentre.com.
4. Cozying up with a Live Performance
On those cold winter days, warm up with a dose of live music or an engaging theatrical performance. Meadowvale Theatre and Living Arts Centre offer live shows from dance, sing-a-longs, open mic performances and more. Sit back and enjoy some laughs and music and forget that the cold ever bothered you anyways. Visit: culture.mississauga.ca/meadowvale-theatre and livingartscentre.ca.
5. A Maple Syrup Kind of Mood
It's that time of year, when Maple trees all over the GTA are being tapped for maple syrup. Canadians love their maple syrup and there is no better time to learn about this sticky and sweet Canuck staple than heading over to the Bradley Museum for the annual Maple Magic maple syrup festival (March 14 to 19). Enjoy demonstrations, guided tours, activities and the sweet taste of maple syrup poured over warm, fluffy pancakes. Visit: culture.mississauga.ca/event/maple-magic.
- Free Winter Activities to Enjoy in Mississauga
- 5 Skating Rinks and Trails to Visit Outside of Mississauga
- Top 5 March Break Activities in Mississauga
- Former Maple Leaf Pros Taking on Locals at the Hershey Centre in Mississauga
- Toronto Maple Leafs bring back veteran centre Jason Spezza on another one-year deal
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga