Top 5 Things to Do on Family Day in Mississauga
February 17, 2020, is going to be a great day.
Why? Because it’s Family Day.
It's the first statutory holiday since New Years, and the stretch between New Years Day and Family Day is made longer by the cold weather and lack of sunshine.
The purpose of Family Day is to spend it with--you guessed it--your family! Whether this means spending the day with your parents, kids, closest friends, or significant other, round up your loved ones and have some fun together.
Here are 5 ideas to get you planning for your Family Day.
If you have little ones to entertain, you might want to take them to the International Centre for the day. KidsFest Toronto features the largest indoor inflatable roadshow for kids and boasts over 30 attractions, slides, obstacle courses and games. The inflatables range from large slides for the big kids to toddler-approved gentle rides. The 80,000 square foot hall will also boast a full lineup of live and interactive entertainment, including dance parties, science experiments, magic shows and more.
There will also be meet and greets with popular characters such as Chase and Skye from Paw Patrol, Spiderman, and Michelangelo and Raphael from The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
4 - Visit a community centre
Many community centres across Mississauga are offering free activities on Family Day. In fact, you can see a schedule of free events here. While many community centres will be open for swimming and skating, others will offer a few other unique activities, including shinny, yoga, family drum fit (at Carmen Corbasson), basketball and more.
To learn more, click here.
We know it’s not exactly balmy outside, (in fact, it’ll be 0 degrees on Monday), but that shouldn’t stop you. If you want to relax and enjoy the great outdoors, you can visit one of Mississauga’s many parks—including five of its largest spaces. Some of Mississauga’s biggest parks include Jack Darling Memorial Park, Paul Coffey Park, Riverwood, the Meadowvale Conservation Area and Erindale Park.
It’s not exactly picnic season, but a little fresh air never hurts.
If you prefer to have fun indoors, note that The Living Arts Centre will once again be buzzing with free family-friendly programming, including make-and-take crafts, performances, and more. Attendees can check out Dog Man: The Musical, take part in a Family Day pottery workshop, or catch a G Force performance. There will also be fire-building demos and marshmallow roasting.
This Family Day, kids of all ages can enjoy the magic of a snow day at the Square. Attendees are welcome to lace up their skates and hit the rink or snap some family photos at the on-site selfie stations. The city says guests are welcome to build the fort of their dreams at the fort building station or play some games—big and small—at the indoor board game cafe or outdoor game garden.
Food trucks will be on-site dishing up tasty treats.
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Free Family Day Activities in Mississauga
- Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Parking on Family Day at Square One in Mississauga
- Holiday Events for the Family in Mississauga
- Snow and cold in the forecast for the Family Day long weekend in Mississauga
- 5 Hotspots Outside of Mississauga for a Family Day Long Weekend Road Trip
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots