Top 5 places to get Valentine's Day takeout in Hamilton
Valentine’s Day during a pandemic isn’t all bad.
You don’t have to worry about planning something extravagant and you have an excuse to eat your special dinner and munch on some heart-shaped treats from the comfort of your couch in front of the TV. If you are going that route, you may as well keep it local.
Hurry up, though! Many of these promotions have deadlines and are until supplies last so be sure to double-check before you order.
Here are our Top 5 places to get Valentine’s Day takeout in Hamilton:
5. The Hearty Hooligan
The Hooligan does it better than anyone else when it comes to fun and creative ways to indulge in cruelty-free deliciousness; whether you’re looking for something hearty, savoury, or sweet. The Hooligan always sticks to its punk-rock roots and Valentine’s Day 2021 is no different with its Happy Valloween promotion. The eatery has teamed up with Hamilton-based artist, Dope Chief for a Se7en-inspired “What’s in the box?!” collab.
You can purchase a gift box that contains cupcakes, cookies, and chocolates; as well as spooky Valentine’s Day stickers and cards.
4. The Other Bird (Rapscallion, The Mule, Odds Bar)
Local restaurant group, The Other Bird has put together a full course dinner menu for two for $150. The menu is partly customizable with requests accepted and features upscale items, such as chicken liver brulee with snow crab, braised short rib, beet and squash shepherd’s pie, and sticky toffee pudding.
For an additional cost, you can add flowers, wine, and chocolate martinis to your order.
3. Ancaster Mill
You don’t last in the restaurant business for more than 40 years unless you’re consistently at the top of your game.
Ancaster Mill is offering a $140 Valentine’s Day dinner for two that starts with dinner rolls and a Lobster Salad, followed by Black Truffle Spaghettini. The main course is 14oz Ribeye for Two and for dessert, Molten Chocolate Cake. Ancaster Mill is also including shortbread cookies as an after-dinner treat and optional wine and flowers.
2. Mattson & Co.
Locke Street’s most highly sought-after patio hot-spot is taking Valentine’s Day to the next level with a special “love is love” menu that can accommodate everyone’s tastes.
Priced at $60 per person, you can start with the Pear Salad, Lobster Bisque, Butternut Squash Crostini, Alaskan Blue Crab, or Vegan Charcuterie before moving on to the main event: Cornish Game Hen, Lobster Gnocchi, Beef Tenderloin, Branzino, or Acorn Squash Ronde. You’ll also get a dessert item, which includes cakes and chocolate-covered fruit.
1. The Ship
The Ship consistently ranks as one of the city’s best, whether we’re rating Hamilton pubs, patios, or burgers. It also got our attention with its Valentine’s Day offerings.
For $75 per person, The Ship on Augusta is offering your choice of coconut shrimp, duck wings, or a large order of pickle spears to start; your choice of any two burgers with any side; homemade chocolate cake to share; and two Raspberry & BlackBerry Jelly Kings from Bellwoods Brewery.
- Would You Order a Heart-Shaped Pizza For Valentine's Day?
- Valentine's Day Dinner in Mississauga
- Enjoy a three-course menu this Valentine’s Day from Celebrity Chef Massimo and Capra’s Kitchen
- 5 Restaurants to Check Out for Valentine's Dinner Outside of Mississauga
- Tim Hortons Introducing Valentine’s Day Menu Items in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard