Top 5 New TV Series Filming in Mississauga
In a month or so, everyone will be talking about TIFF -- and rightfully so. TIFF is wonderful and everyone and their brother should do their best to catch a flick or two in TO this September. That said, few people know that Mississauga is often home to movie and television crews filming for both the big and small screens.
With its vibrant urban landscape, quiet suburban neighbourhoods and vast green spaces, Sauga is perfect for on-location filming. Fortunately for us, a few projects are shooting (or about to shoot) here as we speak -- so keep an eye out for film crews and maybe even a few budding or acclaimed stars.
Here are five TV shows that are being shot in our neck of the woods.
5) Workin' Moms
The CBC comedy series about the lives of four women juggling work and family is tentatively set to air this fall. The project is the brainchild of Canadian actress and producer Catherine Reitman (daughter of director Ivan Reitman), who will direct, produce and star in the series.
(Image from CBC)
4) Taken (Prequel to Liam Neeson film)
Mississauga is now home to NBC's Taken, a prequel series centered on the popular Liam Neeson movies by the same name. According to a recent Hollywood Reporter article, Vikings star Clive Standen will take on Neeson's role as CIA operative Bryan Mills. The series is a modern-day prequel to the 2008 film about a man on the hunt for his kidnapped daughter.
This CBS drama by co-creator and executive producer Frank Spotnitz (of X-Files fame) will star Black Sail's Luke Roberts. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the series follows crisis and hostage negotiator Eric Beaumont (Roberts) as he and his team resolve seemingly hopeless cases. It is currently filming in Mississauga.
(Courtesy of Paradigm; Getty Images)
2) Mary Kills People
This show has a spicy premise! According Global News, the new Global series has begun filming in Toronto (and Mississauga) and revolves around Dr. Mary Harris (Caroline Dhavernas), a single mother and ER doctor who secretly helps terminally ill patients end their lives.
This thriller, produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, is slated to premiere this fall and is currently shooting in Mississauga. According to Variety, the series is set in the future where "corporates have unlimited power." The stars include Reign's Sean Teale, Eddie Ramos (Teen Wolf), Dennis Haysbert (24) and Julia Ormond (Mad Men).
Photo by: MATT BARON/BEI/REX SHUTTERSTOCK
- Two Victims Taken to Trauma Centres Following Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Crash Causes Major Delays on Winston Churchill in Mississauga
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Mississauga
- Woman Enjoying Big Lotto Win in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga Residents Affected by Serious Privacy Breach
- Feature Movie with Some Big Stars Filming in Mississauga
- A Brand New Netflix Show is Filming in Mississauga
- Here’s a Look at All the Movies and TV Shows That Were Recently Shot in Mississauga
- Did You Know That This Popular Toronto-Shot TV Show is Filming in Mississauga?
- Mississauga Director Launches Gritty and Exciting New Web Series