Top 5 IT Jobs in Mississauga
Information technology (IT) is a hot industry to be a part of right now. IT personnel are in high demand as the sector continues its rapid growth and innovation. IT encompasses all possible aspects of computers, including hardware, software, services, infrastructure, information, and digital business. The IT industry is where new concepts are conceived, researched, and developed - the very fruition of an idea into reality. This is the industry that strives to break existing limits, advance to new grounds, improve efficiency, and find solutions to current problems, while forward-thinking to relieve future potential issues.
In addition to the IT sector itself, IT work is a part of all other industries allowing individuals to tailor their career to their interest, whether it is medicine, finance, law, energy, agriculture, transportation, entertainment, government, or another field. Technology is increasingly embedded into our functioning society - from shared medical records to everyday business processes. Organizations across all sectors are ever-undergoing digital transformation to keep up with customer demand. As a result, there is a constant demand for IT professionals, with 50,000 positions in the GTA to be filled.
Example occupations include:
- User support technicians
- Systems testing technicians
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Broadcast technicians
- Computer and network operators and web technicians
- Computer engineers
- Electrical and electronics engineers
- Software engineers
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Web designers and developers
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Database analysts and data administrators
If you want to be a part of the fast-past, creative and challenging world of IT, here are five companies in Mississauga you might want to look into:
KUBRA - Cloud Architect
Company profile: Kubra provides customer experience management solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, and government entities across North America.
Job description: Designing and implementing Cloud solutions; designing, planning, and migrating on-premises environments; providing leadership and coaching to other team members to effectively manage, support, monitor, and maintain a multi-tenant Cloud vendor agnostic environment.
Address: 5050 Tomken Road, Mississauga
VITAL INSIGHTS - Quality Assurance Engineer
Company profile: Vital Insights is a leading designer, developer and distributor of innovative enterprise-class daily tracking and Customer Experience Management software dedicated to the automotive landscape.
Job description: Manual testing; automation testing; developing and executing test plans and test cases; working closely with the development team throughout the development life cycle and providing contribution.
Address: 60 Courtney Park Drive West, Unit 3, Mississauga
POINTCLICKCARE - Intermediate or Senior Java Developer
Company profile: PointClickCare is a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America.
Job description: Working with a cross-functional team of developers, business analysts, and quality analysts to specify, design, develop, test, and implement software; designing and developing all tiers of web application including front and back end design, database design, and unit testing.
Address: 5570 Explorer Drive, Mississauga
PROPHIX - Application Support Analyst
Company profile: Prophix develops innovative Corporate Performance Management software that automates critical financial processes such as budgeting, planning, consolidation, and reporting--improving a company's profitability and minimizing their risk.
Job description: Seeking solutions for clients’ various technical and product related issues; interfacing with clients; working with technical software and hardware.
Address: 350 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 1000, Mississauga
ELECTROVAYA - Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
Company profile: Electrovaya is a vertically integrated Lithium Ion battery supplier that designs and manufactures everything from cell components to turnkey systems for the clean transportation, smart grid, renewable energy and material handling markets.
Job description: Designing, developing, documenting, validating, verifying, and integrating highly complex, embedded systems; laboratory and field testing.
Address: 2645 Royal Windsor Drive, Mississauga
- 5 Unique Jobs Available in Mississauga
- Five High Paying Jobs in Mississauga
- Ontario deploys emergency management team to address Essex farm outbreak
- Mississauga-Based Company Getting Huge Boost from Provincial Government
- Drive-thru COVID testing centre in Mississauga closes line early due to high demand
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21