Tom Hanks announces he has COVID-19
According to a post from his verified Instagram account, Tom Hanks has tested positive for the coronavirus.
View this post on Instagram
Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive. Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We’ll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves! Hanx!
The star of the Toy Story franchise, Cast Away, Forrest Gump, and The Terminal, said he and his wife, Rita Wilson, who are currently in Australia, felt symptoms they believed to be colds—chills and a slight fever.
However, they were tested for COVID-19 and the results came back positive.
According to Hanks’ Instagram, he and Wilson will be “tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires.”
“Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?” he said in the post.
Cover photo courtesy of Tom Hanks’ Instagram
- Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees test positive for COVID-19
- Canada Post worker at Mississauga facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Idris Elba becomes latest celebrity to be diagnosed with COVID-19
- Here's when and how to get tested for COVID-19 in Peel
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- When the Mississauga City Centre Was Built