Time running out for Mississuaga, Brampton, Hamilton and Ontario businesses to apply for COVID-19 grant
Published March 10, 2022 at 12:25 pm
The deadline for businesses in Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and across Ontario to apply for the COVID-19 Ontario Small Business Relief Grant is fast approaching.
The grant provides a one-time payment of $10,000 to eligible small businesses that were required to close indoor operations as a result of the province’s modified Step 2 restrictions that came into effect on January 5.
The province is accepting applications until Friday (March 11) at 11:59 p.m, and eligible businesses include gyms, museums and galleries, tour services and before- and after-school programs.
Businesses that had to slash their capacity in half do not qualify.
For new applicants to be eligible for this grant, an Ontario businesses must have:
- closed indoor operation as a result of the province’s modified Step Two restrictions;
- began operating before 2022 and was active as of January 14
- had 99 or fewer employees on December 31, 2021
- has experienced a revenue decline of at least 20 per cent
- did not receive the Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant or Ontario Small Business Support Grant
Most eligible businesses that previously qualified for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant were pre-screened and should have received an email to confirm their continued eligibility.
For more information or to apply for the Ontario Small Business Relief Grant visit Ontario.ca.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising