Thunderstorms in the forecast for Mississauga
Thunderstorms are in the forecast for tonight.
Environment Canada says a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says gusty showers and thunderstorms could hit may areas of the regions this evening (Oct. 23).
“Showers and thunderstorms ahead of a cold front are forecast to move eastward across the regions this evening,” Environment Canada says on its website.
“Wind gusts of 70 km/h, brief torrential downpours, and cloud-to-ground lightning will be associated with some of these storms.”
- What's open at Square One mall in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Motorcyclist dead following late-night crash in Brampton
- Sketch of suspect in Burlington assault released by Halton police