Thunderstorms And Heavy Rain In Store For Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills, and Milton for this evening.
Isolated thunderstorms and strong gusty winds of up to 80 km/h are in the works, with several rounds of showers of up to 10 mm predicated to move through the area.
However, isolated thunderstorms may boost local rainfall totals to 15 to 25 mm late this evening.
Localized ponding on streets and other low lying areas is possible, and caution should be exercised in the case of loose objects being tossed by the wind which could cause injury or damage.
Further alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada can be found here.
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- An Unexpected Shop is Opening Soon in Square One in Mississauga
- Did You Know That This Popular Toronto-Shot TV Show is Filming in Mississauga?
- VIDEO: Collision on Major Highway Just Outside Mississauga
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport