Thunderstorms And Heavy Rain In Store For Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills, and Milton for this evening.
Isolated thunderstorms and strong gusty winds of up to 80 km/h are in the works, with several rounds of showers of up to 10 mm predicated to move through the area.
However, isolated thunderstorms may boost local rainfall totals to 15 to 25 mm late this evening.
Localized ponding on streets and other low lying areas is possible, and caution should be exercised in the case of loose objects being tossed by the wind which could cause injury or damage.
Further alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada can be found here.
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel