Three Teens Charged in Relation to Mississauga Shooting, Guns Seized
Police have arrested and charged three teen males after alleged involvement with a shooting incident that happened a few months ago in Mississauga.
According to Peel Regional Police, on Monday, August 28, 2017, at around 7 p.m., there was a dispute in a parking lot at the residential building in the area of Fieldgate Drive and Bloor Street involved a group of males.
“A firearm became involved and a male victim was shot,” say police.
A 20-year-old male from Mississauga was transported to a Toronto trauma centre as a result, with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Police say he is recovering.
Police have arrested and charged three teens in relation to the shooting.
Anthony Dass, 18, of Toronto, was arrested on December 14, 2017. After a criminal search warrant was executed, two hand guns were also recovered:
Dass is charged with seven firearms-related offences: accessory after the fact to commit an indictable offence, careless use of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, unauthorized possession of firearm, knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, possess firearm with altered serial number, two counts of possession of firearm, etc. contrary to order, and one count of failure to comply with sentence or disposition under the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA).
Dass was held for bail on December 14, 2017, and is still in custody.
The two other teens were minors, their names are unable to be released.
A 17-year-old from Toronto has been charged with accessory after the fact.
A 17-year-old Mississauga resident has been charged with careless storage of firearm and possession of property obtained by crime.
Both minors were held for bail and are still in custody.
A general provision of the YCJA prohibits the release of the name of a young person and, therefore, the identities of the Young Persons charged in this investigation are protected.
Anyone with further information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers online or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
Photos courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- One of Mississauga’s Most Promising Musicians Reportedly Facing Serious Illness
- Mississauga Could Be Home to the Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Mississauga: Jan 13-19
- Another New Tax Could be Coming to Mississauga
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Mississauga: Dec 30 - Jan 4
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Mississauga Man Charged After Guns Seized by Police
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection With Drug and Firearm Offences
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Numerous Gun and Drug Related Offences