Three teens charged following pharmacy robbery in Mississauga
Three teens are facing charges in relation to an armed pharmacy robbery that occurred in Mississauga.
Peel police say that the robbery occurred at a pharmacy in the Derry Road and Ninth Line area around 4:30 pm on Jan. 4, 2021.
Police allege that two suspects entered the business armed with both a handgun and a conductive energy weapon. According to police, the suspects demanded prescription drugs and cash from the employees, but were unsuccessful and fled to a waiting vehicle being driven by a third suspect.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
Police say officers located the vehicle a short time later in the Highway 7 and Pine Valley Drive area in the City of Vaughan, “where it appeared the occupants were preparing to commit another robbery.” Police say officers arrested the occupants of the vehicle and recovered the two weapons.
Police charged 18-year-old Mississauga man Eliazar Henry with robbery, possession of stolen property and other firearms-related offences. Police also charged a 16-year-old Brampton boy and a 17-year-old Brampton boy with robbery and firearms-related offences.
The accused were held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Jan. 5, 2021.
- 18 year old Brampton male arrested after armed robbery in Mississauga
- 13-year-old Mississauga boy charged following violent bank robbery
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville Armed Robbery
- Three Teens Arrested Following Robbery With Replica Assault Rifle in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Four Males for Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Two provinces hardest hit by COVID-19 see cases trend downward over last-week totals
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Rental rates for some units fell close to 10 per cent at the end of 2020 in Mississauga